For many residential and commercial property owners, polished concrete has always been the go-to choice for high-performance and low-maintenance flooring. Epoxy flooring, which boasts many of the same characteristics as polished concrete, has become a worthy contender due to its superior strength and durability.
Polished concrete has been treated with a sealant and polished. This gives the surface a glossy finish that can be used in various applications.
- Can last for many years without maintenance
- Available in various colors and designs
- If polished concrete isn’t correctly installed, it will become susceptible to moisture, leading to mold and mildew growth.
- Extremely slippery when wet
Epoxy flooring is made up of two components: the epoxy resin and the hardener. The epoxy resin is a liquid mixed with the hardener to create the epoxy flooring coating. It can be used on concrete, metal, wood, and other surfaces.
- Can be customized to match any color or design
- Easy to clean and does not require regular polishing
- Can withstand surface abrasion and chemical stains
- Epoxy flooring is more expensive than polished concrete
What’s the Best Flooring Solution?
While both flooring systems offer a wide range of benefits to property owners, epoxy is the best flooring solution if quality is your top priority. Epoxy flooring lasts longer than polished concrete, and it’s more versatile.
If you’re working with limited funds, concrete floors professionally coated with epoxy is a cost-effective option. The epoxy coating forms a tough surface that withstands impact, and it provides a good water and stain barrier, so you don’t have to worry about rot or mold.
We offer high-quality and long-lasting epoxy flooring. Get started today by contacting our experts at Garage Floor and More.